Jeston Lewis is the co-owner of Argos Productions, a boutique video production company in Boise, Idaho. Argos Productions is known for creating everything from commercials to documentaries and aims to help Boise businesses and creators achieve their dreams through video.
Jeston sat down with Kathleen Celmins, the CEO and co-founder of Amplified NOW, to talk about how Argos Productions used video to pivot during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Jeston loves doing live video productions, and during the pandemic he and his company have taken it to another level. Over the past six months, they’ve been using video to connect people by producing live streams featuring conversations between community artists, musicians, and business owners, highlighting the Boise community in a unique way.
While streaming and the use of live video has increased during the last year, Jeston believes that it will continue to be an important part of the future of video, even post-pandemic.
We're giving away a lifetime membership!
One lucky person will win all of the following (a $439 value!)
- A copy of MINDSTORMS: 25 Exercises to Discover Your Inner Entrepreneur ($20 value)
- Kathleen's favorite notebook ($10 value)
- A very nice pen ($20 value)
- And, a LIFETIME subscription to the MINDSTORMS Playbooks! ($399 value)
Here are Jeston’s tips for improving your live videos:
- Check your lighting. Lighting is so important, especially on live video. It is beneficial to have the equipment, such as a ring light, to improve the appearance of your videos and eliminate any dark spots.
- Improve your sound. Often the audio from a computer or headphone mic isn’t going to sound great to your viewers. Jeston suggests starting with a Lavalier Microphone. These can be purchased for a low cost, and will enhance your sound quality.
- Record at the highest quality available to you. The higher quality video you can produce, the more options you will have for repurposing it in different formats.
- Seek out connection on live video. Argos Productions is always looking for ways to use live video to create a feeling of community. Whether it is by mixing pre-recorded content with live video, or by coming up with unique experiences that only your company can provide, look for ways to build connection into your live videos.
We’d love to hear what’s working in video for you and your business! Click here to get in touch with us and be featured on the blog.