How to use email marketing for lead generation and sales conversion
The Basics of Email Marketing
First things first, you gotta know the lingo. CTA = Call To Action. This is where you tell your potential customers what you want them to do. G2G = Got To Go. This is what your customers will do if you don’t have a killer email marketing setup.
Building Your Email List
Before you can start sending those dope emails, you need to have some peeps to send them to. Put sign-up forms everywhere – your website, your social media accounts, your bathroom stall (seriously, anywhere). Make it easy for potential subscribers to join your email list.
- Offer them something irresistible like free shipping or a discount code that they can use right away.
- Don’t make them give you their life story to sign up. Name and email address are all you need.
- Make sure they’re aware of what they’re signing up for. No one wants spam emails (unless it’s the canned meat, of course).
Creating Killer Emails
Now that you’ve got your list of subscribers, it’s time to create some emails that will knock their socks off (we’ll even add a CTW – Call To Wardrobe).
- Keep it simple – too many images, links, and text will confuse and overwhelm your subscribers.
- Personalize with a subject line that makes them feel unique and special (think “HEY YOU!”).
- Add some eye-catching graphics that match your brand image.
- Keep your CTA clear and concise. Tell your subscribers what you want them to do and make it easy for them to do it (like one click easy).
- Remember that the goal is to make a sale, so be persuasive without being pushy. And for the love of all things holy, don’t make your subscribers feel like they’re being sold to.
- Test your emails before sending them out. Does everything look the way it should? Are the links working? Do you have any typos? Check check check.
After all those sweet emails you’ve sent, you’re finally seeing results. You’re getting clicks and making sales.
- Keep track of those impressive sales and use that data to your advantage.
- Use subscription analytics to see which subscribers open your emails and which get sent directly to the trash bin.
- Stay on top of your metrics – click-through rates, conversion rates, open rates, and ROI. These will tell you everything you need to know about how effective your email marketing is and where you can improve.
- Don’t let that list of subscribers dwindle. Keep adding new subscribers, and keep your current subscribers engaged with new and exciting content.
Using email marketing for lead generation and sales conversion takes time and effort, but it’s worth it in the long run. Remember to keep it simple, be authentic, and always have that CTA ready.
Now it’s time to GSD (Get Sh*t Done). Start building that list, creating those email campaigns, and make those sales happen. And most importantly, have FUN with it, yo.